THE GOOD SAM CLUB
The Good Sam club was conceived in 1966 when a letter to the editor of a small lifestyle magazine suggested the use of a bumper sticker encouraging RVers to assist each other. In 1968 “Ute Salt Shakers” from West Valley, Utah became the first Good Sam chapter. Today the Good Sam Club has chapters in almost every Province and State. There are over 1.6 million members who belong to the Club.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT THE GOOD SAM CLUB IN ALBERTA
- The Good Sam Club has had chapters in Alberta since the early 1970’s.
- There are 10,000+ Good Sam Club members in our Province.
- Currently we have 19 chapters in various communities throughout our beautiful Province.
- We hold an RV Rally (Samboree) in the third week of June each year, where members from our Alberta chapters, other Provinces, States, and RVers interested in the club all come to together. The event is over a five-day period where we showcase the local community, there is entertainment, we play games, go on tours, play golf, meet new friends, reconnect with old friends and much more.
- Every September we hold a Mini-Rally (Samboree) in smaller communities where we enjoy similar activities but on a more intimate scale.
- The membership that belong to our chapters take great pride in their philanthropic efforts to serve local charities, communities and those less fortunate.
THE GOOD SAM PLEDGE
As a member of the Good Sam Club I pledge to give aid to others in need, respect nature and the environment, give back to the community and those less fortunate, treat others with dignity and respect, and to wear a smile (like Good Sam and Good Samantha's) and promote the pledge of the Good Sam Club to others.
Q. What are chapters?
A. Chapters are a group of local people who come from all walks of life to enjoy the company and friendship of others, enjoying the same passion for the R.V. Lifestyle.
Q. Where can I find a chapter?
A. Our chapters in Alberta are in many communities. Please feel free to contact us and we can put you in touch with one that is close to you.
Q. Why belong to a chapter?
A. A chapter has a number of benefits. A chapter could be a group of RVers who have additional interests like using their ATV’s, fishing, playing golf, hiking, touring local historical sights, etc… Additionally, you gain the security of traveling with friends who are experienced in all things RV, whether that is in the knowledge of good campgrounds, great road trips, tech tips on fixing problems with your RV or maybe it’s the simple pleasures of sitting by a warm campfire listing to friends and enjoying the day.
Q. How often do chapters go camping?
A. Each of our chapters go camping at different times and frequency. Most chapters’ camp on the weekends and a few choose to camp during the week. The chapter camping season is usually from early May until September or when the snow returns!
Q. Who can belong to a chapter?
A. Anyone can be a member of a chapter. If there isn’t a chapter in your area let us help you start one. We will work with you to build that new group of friends that have the same passion for the lifestyle you enjoy. Let those camping experiences begin!